Tuesday, January 7, 2014

2013 By The Numbers

Sorry you haven't heard from me in Blogville lately. I lazed around the last week of 2013 and then Mike and I were in Florida visiting my parents for a few days. I'll post some photos shortly in another blog. My niece and nephew have gotten big, whereas my parents continue to shrink.

I have kept a running list of my quilt projects since 2001. It is currently 8 pages long. I have a lot of unfinished projects. I also make a monthly quilting "to do" list. I'm not sure if this keeps me on track, but every time I add something to the finished projects section, it makes me feel really good.

My fabric stash definitely looks like this pie chart.
In 2013 I finished 82 projects which included 11 quilts (13% of my projects). I also finished 71 small projects which included 43 pillowcases, five tote bags, and other assorted items. Fourteen of the small non-quilt items were quilted. I gave away 71 items, including two king size quilts, shown here and here, which was 79% of my output. This year I didn't keep track of any items that I made for the Etsy shop that I share with Marion.

I did squeak out six more pillowcases the last week of December that I brought to Florida as gifts for my family.
Three Star Trek pillowcases for my brother and my niece to share.
My nephew Benny got the pillowcase with the money printed on it.

Joannie gave me her extra Scrabble fabric so I could make a
pillowcase for my Mom. Dad got the pillowcase with the tools on it.
I wrote 131 blog posts in 2013, which was more than double the amount I wrote in 2012. I think I'm getting the hang of this blogging thing! I am pleased and proud to report that I have 20 followers through Bloglovin', 23 Google followers, and 30 email subscribers, so my Mom isn't the only one that reads my blog, although she is still probably my biggest fan (Thanks Mom!). Thank you, each and every one of you that read and follow my Blog and a really big thank you to those of you who take the time to write me comments! I am so excited every time I get a comment on my Blog.

So what's up for 2014? More quilts, more blog posts, and more pug photos of course. I'm still trying to decide if I should make some resolutions for 2014. I will see my Brown Bagger buddies next weekend and check in with them to see how they did with their 2013 New Year's resolutions. I was really surprised to re-read my post and find that I hadn't made 2 out of the 3 quilts that I had committed to for 2013.

Pugs and kisses to all! Stay safe and warm. It is 5 degrees (-15 Celsius) here in Boston.

Linking up to Linky Tuesday at Freemotion by the River. Adding links on Friday to Richard and Tanya Quilts at  Link A Finish Friday (Happy 100th Richard!) and to Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? at Confessions of a Fabric Addict. Thanks for visiting!

Nancy

2 comments:

  1. I'm embarrassed to say that I didn't get any of my 2013 resolutions done. My 2014 resolutions will be the same as 2013, finish Roll Roll Cotton Bowl, Orca Bay and East Street. At least I didn't start Bonnie Hunter's 2013 mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a inspiring post and I love the graph of your fabric, what kind of fabric is the 75% you won't get used?? Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete