Wednesday, February 5, 2014

"A" is for Applique

There were some really pretty applique quilts seen at our weekend. I spied at least two nearly finished wall hangings and some works in progress.

You never know "Whoooo" you'll see at a quilt weekend...here is Debbie with her adorable owl wall hanging for her grandson Kellan. When Debbie wasn't quilting, she was indulging in her second love, playing Candy Crush!

Great job Debbie!

I also spent a few hours helping my quilt designer friend Kate add some gadgets to her brand new quilting blog, Kate Mitchell Quilts. Click the link and check it out!

Here is Kate with her newest pattern, aptly called Cupcakes.
You can buy it in the Annie's catalog or from Kate's own website.
Hey, I need a cupcake! A real one, not a fabric one!
Pat's chocolate bunnies make me drool!
Such a pretty table runner. Now I want a chocolate Easter bunny!

Jo Ann E. is making these adorable little dresses. I can't wait to see more of them.


Below are some non applique projects in progress...

   
Cheryl worked on some birthday blocks.
We didn't see much of Cheryl this weekend, but for a good reason... Cheryl has made the transition from corporate America to future real estate mogul. She completed her first closing this weekend as a realtor. Her Mom Jean threw a mini party for her at our weekend. We all sang "Happy Closing to You" (sung to the tune of Happy Birthday) and ate some cake in Cheryl's honor.
Congratulations Cheryl! Watch out Donald Trump!
Jean was working on some pinwheel blocks made from a charm pack from 2000.
I have the same charm pack, and I'm still working on my blocks too...
At least one more Cape Cod blog post to follow!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures!! These photos are inspiring me to go sew something!

    ReplyDelete