Sunday, June 29, 2014

Purple Reigns!

I really like purple and I use it often in my quilts. There is a preponderance of purple flowers in my garden, my front door and shutters are painted purple and LarryPug sports a purple harness. This afternoon, my friend Beth and her husband Jeff, brought over the latest purple addition to my garden.
Don't you love my purple bench?
Beth's husband Jeff is a carpenter and he made this for me. The paint color is from Lowe's and it is called Cleopatra's Gown. Jeff said that he thought it was the ugliest paint color he had ever seen until he brought the bench to my house and saw how beautiful it looked among all my flowers. You can't see it in the photo, but there is a purple clematis in the garden behind the bench, almost exactly the same color. Here are some more purple posies from my garden that is right across from the fence, along my driveway.
Clematis
The new variegated leaf iris
Columbine
Here is flat LarryPug. He is not dead, just stretched out on our patio. Even his tail is uncurled and flat.
I bet that Jeff is probably starting a bench for Beth's garden tomorrow, although I'm guessing it probably won't be purple.

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

2 comments:

  1. How cute! Becca and I have been taking walks at night (usually after dark), sometimes going by your house. Your flowers are gorgeous! I'll have to be on the lookout for the bench! I love your blog -- eagerly anticipate each new entry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous flowers. I am getting a second set of blooms from my reddish color columbines and I am constantly getting new purple ones coming up all over which surprises me because I don't remember seeing them come up the first couple of years. Love your bench it is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete