Wednesday, January 14, 2015

January 2015 Quilt of the Month

I have officially shown you a different bed quilt for an entire year. I started this feature to showcase some of my older quilts that I made in my pre-blogging days. I am close to running out of bed-size quilts to show off, but I have plenty of old wall hangings to share!

Today's quilt is a real oldie but goodie. It pre-dates my finished project list, which is housed on my computer. Do you keep a list of finished projects? I like to look back and see what I've accomplished. Now, I can even see it in living color on my own blog.

This quilt is a scrappy log cabin set in a field and furrows layout. It is made from 1.5" strips. I finished it before 2001 which is when I started keeping track of my projects. I started it in a workshop with Charlotte Angotti, perhaps in 1989? I'm not sure who machine quilted it for me, it may have been my friend Sandie, who blogs at The Lone Quilter. It is stippled all over.

Here is my handsome black pug, Elvis, who is 12 years young.
Usually LarryPug is the star model for quilt of the month, but this month Elvis took over.

Instant cuteness: just add a pug!
A close-up of the piano key border.
A close-up of one of the blocks. Even ugly fabrics don't look too bad when they're only one inch wide.
Two really old and really ugly Debby Mumm fabrics for the back.
Do you remember these? Do you have them in your fabric stash?
LarryPug says it's not quilt of the month unless he is in the photo!
I love log cabin quilts! There is a lot of scrappy goodness in this one. I think I need to make another one!

Linking up to TGIFF, Scraptastic Tuesday, Richard and Tanya Quilts and Confessions of a Fabric Addict.

Thanks for visiting!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

P.S. Sorry for my absence on the blog. I've been sick and am just starting to return to the land of the living. I'm sorry that I took breathing through my nose for granted. Within two weeks I've had a cold, a sore throat, and an upset stomach. I think I've used up my sick quota for Winter 2015. It's not my turn anymore!

12 comments:

  1. Awe poor sweetie. Everyone has been ill, count your blessings it wasn't during the holidays like many had. Gorgeous quilt and Romeo is a great stand in model, but can resist any pugilicious cuteness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better! I enjoyed the quilts, but the pugs always steal the show, don't the? Our Ozzie is planted on my lap😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are back to the land of the Healthy! Lol Working on a log cabin star quilt for my bed. I love your sentence of "even ugly fabrics don't look too bad when they are only an inch wide!" I inherited some dosies, so maybe that is what I will have to do with them. Our pug was The Supervisor. She had to be there, inspect what you where doing and get in the way of doing whatever you were doing. She loved supervising my husband as he worked under cars or the tractors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your soon feeling 100% and keep well for the rest of the year! Your quilt is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quilt. Bonnie Hunter says "if it's still ugly, you didn't cut it small enough!" I don't see anything ugly here though! I do love log cabins. They're classics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like I got in on the end of your quilt show--love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey nanc...oh man...I had the flu last Spring and was down for three weeks!!! Ugh...I still shutter....anyhoooo....I love this quilts and it's good to see the pups...I'm sure they kept you warm and loved while you where down. :)V

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice. I have always had a soft spot in my quilter's heart for the log cabin block. And the colors are so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. get better soon! Love the log cabin quilt - that blocks has so many possibilities I'm not surprised you want to revisit it! And yes I do keep a finished page or two on my blog - looking back at finishes helps me finish the others off!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the idea of a "quilt of the month" feature. Log cabins are a favorite. My grandmother made my mother a log cabin quilt when I was about five. I inherited it when I was a teenager and drug that thing around all over the place. Wore it out! I need to make one of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you're on the mend! Log cabins are the best and this one is a delight. It was the first quilt I ever made. They never go out of style, do they? Thanks for posting with your darling models.

    ReplyDelete
  12. pugs are too cute. I have a mini schnauzer and love here even more than I love quilting. Which is a lot Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete