Friday, March 6, 2015

Reunited and It Feels So Good!

I FINALLY saw my Thursday Girl friends last night. The horrific amount of snow we received in Boston has kept us from meeting for the last two months. And just because the news has quieted down, don't think that the snow has gone away. The last part of my brief journey from my office to the hall where we meet was down a road that is normally two lanes wide, that is now only one car width wide, and barely that. Luckily no-one else was driving in the other direction. The snow banks are still so high that you can't see who is coming and the parking lot at the hall was full of ice. Whoever is in charge of plowing in Quincy should be ashamed or perhaps thrown naked in a snow bank.

I was very happy to see Judi, Beth, Toni, Nancy, and Ginny. Pat and Karen couldn't make it. We had a lovely Chinese take-out meal and got caught up. Ginny brought cupcakes! Yeah Ginny!

Ginny had two projects to share. I love her penguin quilt. It is another Amy Bradley Design, from the pattern Merry Christmas. This is the same pattern that Ginny made her Nutcracker Quilt from. I really like Amy Bradley's whimsical designs.
Here's a close-up of one of Ginny's penguins.
Ginny added a name panel in the middle.
Ginny made this Celtic-influenced quilt at a recent quilt weekend.
Perfect for Saint Patrick's Day!
Beth confessed that she is in love with The Missouri Star Quilt Company and their wonderful free tutorials. I agree. They're fast and easy!
Beth made this Disappearing 9-Patch as a birthday gift for her Father-in-law.
She put this really cool map fabric on the back.
Judi was working on a lovely batik quilt but she didn't want me to photograph it because she wanted to add one more border. Hopefully she will bring it next week.

Linking up on Friday to Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Richard and Tanya Quilts. Thanks for visiting!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

5 comments:

  1. I bet it felt soooooo good to get out!!! I'm so happy for you....looks like a good time was had! (Great quilts!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You folks have had such a difficult winter. I'm glad you were able to get out and enjoy your friends and some creative sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got out to visit and sew. I have went to guild, but I don't have the snow you have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know when I miss my sewing meetings I can't wait till the next one. I'm sure there was lots to catch up on!! Great projects going on. Love the Celtic center!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We visited Boston a couple of weeks ago with daughter, son in law and granddaughters and couldn't believe how much snow there was! (And we live in Maine where winters are crazy!) Thankfully the longer days and warmer temps will help melt it away!

    ReplyDelete