Wednesday, April 29, 2015

April 2015 Quilt of the Month

Sorry for the lateness of this post and the lumpiness of my bed. We're in between seasons here in Mass and since Mike is always hot and I'm always cold, there are a couple of extra blankets underneath the quilt on my side.
Better with the pug boys! LarryPug and Elvis make every quilt look better!

This quilt is a golden oldie, it pre-dates my finished projects' list which I started keeping in 2001. I made this quilt in one of my first classes with Charlotte Angotti. It was the first time I had ever seen batik fabric. I confess that I've never washed this quilt (hopefully it won't run) and this is the first time it's ever been on my bed. It has been living in the linen closet. I am afraid to keep a white quilt on my couch for LarryPug to pee on.

The machine quilting on it is lovely and it was either quilted by Lynne Godin or Mary Schilke. This quilt barely covers the top of our queen bed, so it's another "bed dressing" quilt. Sorry, I don't know the name of the quilt pattern.

Here are some more photos. Enjoy!



Here is my handsome husband Mike!

Thanks for visiting!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

3 comments:

  1. Pretty quilt. The boys in the pictures make it better though! Lovely colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quilt and the quilting on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh the quilt is good, but the last picture is priceless!!! LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete