Thursday, June 30, 2016

Lunching with Lily

I had lunch today with my best 7-year old gal pal Lily.
Lily gets cuter every time I see her. I'm not sure how that is possible...
Not surprisingly, I made Lily a special 4th of July owl pillowcase. Lily's holiday pillowcase owl collection is nearly complete. I only have to make her an Easter owl pillowcase to finish the set. I broke down and bought this fabric on Spoonflower so I will be ready for next year.
In case you've never heard of Spoonflower, you can print your own fabric, wallpaper, and gift wrap. You can also purchase original designs from others. I haven't designed any of my own fabric yet, but I may enlist my brother Gary or my husband Mike for assistance...
Here are Lily's equally adorable parents, Dorothy and Jeff. They have special pillowcases too, but not as many as Lily does!
In June, I made a lot of pillowcases for birthday gifts.
My brother Gary got a Star Wars pillowcase and a Wonder Woman pillowcase. He chose the fabrics himself when Mike and I visited him in February.
Here is Gary's dog Giacomo taking a nap on the Star Wars pillowcase.
I made these pretty batik pillowcases for my Mom's birthday.
My baby cousin Angie turned four in June and I made her a Barbie pillowcase and a butterfly pillowcase.
Lily and I are having an all-day play date next month and she wants to learn to sew. We are going to make a pillowcase for her Mom (pink and purple flowers) and yet another one for Lily, probably owls, but she told me that she likes pirates too! Or perhaps, we can find Pirate Owls!

Thanks for visiting! Special thanks to Dorothy for taking these cute photos of Lily and me. Jeff is a professional photographer, but it was his day off.

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

4 comments:

  1. That's so nice, Nancy. Just love those special pillow cases!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pillowcases. Aren't they the funnest projects? Love the wonder woman case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are a great gift. so personal! All those owl fabrics!

    ReplyDelete