Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Pugs on Quilts entry for Pets on Quilts 2016

Hello Dear Blogging Friends,
It is time for our annual Pets on Quilts entry. We are entering in the Pugs on Quilts category. Ok, so it's actually the Dogs on Quilts category, but Elvis and LarryPug are petitioning to have it amended...

I almost forgot to enter this year, and I am throwing my blog post together before the opportunity to enter closes. We ran out into the backyard tonight after dinner and took 51 photos! Eldest pug, Romeo, almost 15, did not want to enter and kept jumping off the bench. 

Mike updated my computer last week and the new operating system is abysmally slow. I am still waiting for my photos to download, so I am forced to email them to myself!
Here are two of my handsome pug boys. Elvis, my black pug, will be 14 in October. LarryPug is seven. He rules the roost. The quilt they are sitting on is quite ancient. I made it almost 20 years ago. The pattern was taught as a mystery by my friend Sandie who blogs at The Lone Quilter.
Here's a close-up.
The very handsome and spoiled LarryPug
To see our previous entries, go to 2015, 2014, and 2013 for more pictures and information about my darling pug boys.

Thanks for visiting! Hello to all our doggy and kitty friends who are participating in the Pets on Quilts contest. We've met so many nice friends through this event. We look forward to it every year.

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

19 comments:

  1. Your quilt is the perfect backdrop for your wonderful pugs. It seems that when you took the picture, instead of saying "Cheese" you said "Ham!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pugs look handsome on quilts:) Both the pugs and the quilt are winners!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, perfect quilt for a backdrop - what cutie pies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the perfect starry backdrop for Elvis and LarryPug. It's nice to see them in the show Nancy and I'm glad you made it in time. I was a last minute poster too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quilt and the two pugs of course. They look so cute together. Hugs, Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great looking boys! And the quilt, too, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that "ancient" quilt. I enjoyed viewing your past Pets on Quilts as well. They are really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elvis and Larry, you are perfect models, sitting still, looking straight ahead, hands/ oops, paws placed perfectly. and your quilt a wonderful backdrop and seat all combined. Cheers, Nancy J

    ReplyDelete
  9. What cuties, Love when they tilt their heads. I just cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute are those two! Lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That quilt is so pretty. And well enhanced by the cutest pugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What sweet faces! Your quilt is lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute! we are in puppy class with our Basset Maggie and there is one pug puppy! Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Obviously Romeo was just not feeling it. But Larry he is a natural quilt poser.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Always love your pugs!! They have such loving personalities!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How adorable! And Larry is asking, "Why do they even have to vote? It's obvious that I should win all the prizes!"

    ReplyDelete