Saturday, March 10, 2018

March Sunday with the Brown Baggers

Last Sunday I had fun hanging out with my Brown Bagger quilting group.

Sandie brought this drop dead gorgeous quilt for show and tell. Her guild did this quilt as a block of the month. Sandie experimented and made the blocks in different sizes. She used a really cool ombre fabric to make her blocks. She ran out of fabric twice but found it on eBay in a shop in Alaska.
I made this photo extra large because this quilt is that good!
Joannie's beautiful daughter Jill joined us for the day. She wielded the acuquilt cutter with deadly accuracy and turned her mom's batik scraps into all different shapes and sizes for Joannie's next t-shirt quilt. Hey! Maybe we can get Jill to come back next month and we can all bring our scrap fabric to be cut!
Pat and I celebrated our birthday and received our birthday blocks. This year's block is a free pattern from the Moda Bake Shop called Big Sky. I hate making this block because it is nothing but half square triangles, however, I really like the finished result. These are very large blocks and will work up into a quilt in no time.
These are my birthday blocks. Kaffe Fassett fabrics alternating with a rich purple.
These are Pat's birthday blocks. She provided beach-themed fabrics in various shades of blue. You can't even tell that we are using the same pattern.
Pat brought a delicious birthday cake from Greenhills Irish Bakery in Dorchester! It was so good I had a piece for breakfast the next day. Yum!
Wish I had another piece right now...
Happy birthday to my fellow Brown Bagger March birthday girls: Pat, Sally, Terri, Jean, Juliana, Emma and Rochelle (who has gone to the great quilt shop in the sky).

Today I'm going on a birthday road trip with Joannie, Marion and Sue. Although I don't need any fabric, I'm sure that some will sneak into the car. And as my husband Mike says, "it's not about the shopping, it's about the adventure!" I married a really smart guy. Wish I could take all of you with me!

Thanks for visiting.

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

2 comments:

  1. Awe Happy Birthday...Can I be an honorary Brown bagger and make you a birthday block? That looks like a fun pattern. Happy Birthday to the rest of the brown baggers. They always have so many great projects. Do you think a 12 hour drive is too much to come and sew with you all?

    ReplyDelete