Thursday, April 26, 2018

A Quilt for Baby Hazel

Hello Dear Blogging Friends,

Finally, a quilt to show you! My dear friend Jillian, who is also my manager, had her first grandbaby last week. I've known Jillian for more than 20 years and I've worked for her for more than 12, so I definitely wanted to make a baby quilt for her future grandchild. Her daughter and son-in-law wanted to be surprised, so we didn't know if the baby was going to be a boy or a girl. I bought the alphabet panel at my local quilt shop. I thought it would be perfect for either sex.

I raided my Stash and found bright happy colors to coordinate with the center and cut 3" squares to make a pieced border. The panel was long and narrow, so I added two border strips to each side and only one border strip to the top and bottom. I quilted it simply with my walking foot around each block. My friend Jo Ann E. gave me the polka dot fabric for the binding.
Hooray for me, a finished quilt!
Here is Baby Hazel at one day old. She weighed 9 lbs and 5 ozs! That's her beautiful Mom Emily holding her. I love Hazel's full head of dark hair and her giant bow.
Thanks for visiting!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

3 comments:

  1. Oh Hazel is soooo cute!! and your quilt is lovely--what a super job you did on it hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great quilt for a special friend's momentous occasion. The panel was perfect, especially with your border and binding!

    ReplyDelete